HISTORY




USAAF Advance Landing Ground A-7
Azeville, France

AZEVILLE

    The Advance Landing Ground (designated) A-7 at Azeville, Normandy (located about 15 km southeast of Valognes) was constructed of Sommerfeldt wire-mesh and completed on 29 June 1944. The area was formerly home to a German gun battery, which consisted of four captured French 105mm guns (one of the surviving casemates is pictured above). The battery was captured on 9 June 1944 by the U.S. 22nd Infantry Regiment (4th Division) moving inland from Utah Beach. Operating out of A-7 in June/July 1944 were the 365th Fighter Group (386th, 387th, and 388th Fighter Squadrons, flying P-47s) and the 363rd Fighter Group (380th, 381st, and 382nd Fighter Squadrons).

DIVIDER

Airstrip Profile

Designation(s) Country Site(s) of Airstrip 225th Components Assigned
A-7 FRANCE Azeville N/A

DIVIDER

Airstrip Locator Map

A-7 MAP (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

Locator map of A-7 (courtesy of 365th Fighter Group Home Page).


DIVIDER


AIRFIELD ICON

Airstrip Facts and Chronology

  • Being researched

DIVIDER

BACK TO TOP OF PAGE
Click on the V-2
to Rocket to the Top!



[ Main Menu | Ten Hut! | Sign In! | First Aid | History | Members | Memories ]
[ Photos | Credits | Signals | Links | Allies ]
1942-1945

Contents & Layout Copyright 1996-2002 Skylighters
Comments welcome at webmaster@skylighters.org