SCR-268 in Pacific Setting
The SCR-268 radar was adopted in 1938 by the U. S. Signal Corps as its basic antiaircraft fire control
and direction system, and first entered service in mid-1941. The 225th was outfitted with "268s," but
by 1943, it was losing its effectiveness because it was being successfully jammed by the enemy. It
was obsolete by the time the superior SCR-584 entered service, but it was upgraded and still used
in the field by AAA units until 1945, when it was retired from Army inventory. The picture shows
a 268 in a Pacific setting early in the war (photo reproduced courtesy U. S. Army).
Click on the V-2
to Rocket to the Top!
[ Main Menu | Ten Hut! |
Sign In! |
First Aid |
[ Photos |