January 28, 2002
After General Eisenhower and his staff moved to France, the
Southwick House maproom was deserted until Feb. 1945. Then,
the pins representing ships and convoys were repositioned for
"H-Hour" for the British on D-Day: 0724 hrs on 6 June 1944, the
exact time that the first soldier set foot on JUNO and SWORD
beaches. The entire map was then encased in a glass and
mahogany frame and has not been touched since.