July 1, 2002
The Kriegsmarine's Bremerhaven Naval Base is shown on
June 10, 1948 filled with a ghost fleet of warships. Waiting
final disposition are R-Boats (right center), along with tugs
and minesweepers (left background). The sailing vessel Albert
Leo Schlageter, a former cadet training ship, is at left. The
photo was taken from the bridge of the E-Boat tender
Tanga (Acme News photograph).