October 2, 2003
General George S. Patton's first grave marker, a simple wooden
cross painted white, at Hamm, Luxembourg. Erected on December
24, 1945, when he was interred, it was later replaced with a marble
marker. Patton's grave is situated in the front of the American
Military Cemetery, at the head of 5,000 troops killed during the
Battle of the Bulge, still symbolically leading them, even in death.
More on Patton's funeral and burial can be found here.